On 02/12/2012 14:38, Laurent Faillie wrote:
IMO, BASIC won because it was more versatile still being very easy to learn.

Or LOGO lost because it has self-call recursion built at its core and you can hardly ignore it ;-) ? (once you live the turtle alone, I mean, and even then) Just too abstract, difficult for introduction to programming? I met LOGO before Lisp, and, well, it did not help much because I had not grasped the concept from LOGO ;-)

Denis