On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Karl Park <karl.park@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been trying to learn about the lua itself (the implementation of the language), and I quickly found out that I am not productive on terminal using gdb and emacs.
So, I was wondering how to set up development environment/tools etc (I am on Mac OS X) as you work on the language itself.

Lua internally is written in the C language, so if I understand correctly, you're looking for a C/C++ IDE for Mac OS X platform? Not knowing this OS myself, I can advise some cross-plaftorm C/C++ IDEs, like "Eclipse CDT" or NetBeans (AFAIK, they also internally use gdb, but they let you interface with it via some kinda integrated GUI). But I believe there are some well-established native IDEs for Mac OS X out there too.

Hope this helps,
/Mateusz Czapliński.