On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
I don't see this thread going anywhere useful. Let's close it, shall we?

What are you, The Destroyer?

I hate being suppressed by you guys and I'm not gonna tolerate it anymore. You sit in your university thinking your the Gods of earth.

And anyone who is not paid by a university you consider a lesser being. Certainly not a scientist.

That, my friend, is WRONG.

TOTALLY wrong.

You have to acknowledge me, and you WILL acknowledge me.

All the time since I made Lua OS, Roberto has spoken like two lines with me, total. It's like he thinks I don't exist. And that, really, is a crime.

I know how universities are. I have analyzed the University of Hamburg this year, in depth. There is SO much anti-innovation and anti-freedom energy in there - it can really make you depressed. Try to do ANYTHING in the university that is not started by a "professor", and they block it.

They block it.

Actually they throw you out if you so much as ask for a room (!). Believe me, that happened to me. And I really had a good project I wanted to do there.

That, my friends, was in the "computer science" department of the local university. In recent years, it must have officially become the department of "not a single free thought left". Incredible atmosphere of negativity, even in the so called student "cafe".

So. Universities have largely gone kaput. It's time to do something better. With or without them, I don't care. They have to grow up first at any rate.

Then we can innovate again rather than spending our time... uhm... "closing threads".

Once again I ask: Is that your purpose, Luiz? Stopping the ideas of the future?

Stefan