Looks like it only runs on a 32-bit system - I built a 64-bit virtual machine:

znmeb@Lubuntu64:~/znmeb-private/ZeroBrane/zbstudio$ lua src/main.lua zbstudio
lua: error loading module 'wx' from file 'bin/libwx.dylib':
	bin/libwx.dylib: invalid ELF header
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'require'
	src/main.lua:21: in main chunk
	[C]: ?
znmeb@Lubuntu64:~/znmeb-private/ZeroBrane/zbstudio$

I'll try again with 32-bit Lubuntu, but eventually I need this to work
on 64-bit and 100 percent built from source or distro repositories.