On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 03:06:09 +0800
KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/2012 2:38 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:24:44 +0800
> > KHMan wrote:
> >
> >> Putting a GPL label on the download is a sure way for a lot of us
> >> to avoid it like plague. You should have marked the pastebin stuff
> >> as GPL too, if you were properly ethical about such things.
> >
> > KHMan, why are you so angry?
>
> You're tagging incorrect labels on me. Slander! "Merely amused by
> sloppiness" ~= "angry". Also I have overdosed on Black Adder, but
> unfortunately its style goes *whooosh* over many cultures. :-)
>
> > I actually agree with you that for simple
> > stuff the MIT license is better, but questioning the guy's ethics
> > because he left the license off a pastebin? [snip]
>
> Anyone who's put up projects on hosting sites would have had to
> deal with choosing licenses. Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy.

You spoke of cultures. In the culture from which I come, there's
nothing funny about saying someone is unethical. Smileys won't
eradicate the insult or the damage, especially given that a lot of a
person's professional persona is connected to their reputation on
technical mailing lists.

You didn't say sloppy originally, you said, "if you were properly ethical".
Huge difference, not funny, not cool.

STeveT