On 3/31/2012 2:38 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:24:44 +0800
KHMan wrote:

On 3/30/2012 6:59 PM, Ousmane Roland Yonaba wrote:
Sorry...
I've posted it on Pastebin...so that everybody can see the source
code easily... Link: http://pastebin.com/SM7bmWk2

Anyone can sit down and write an OOP thingy in a short time.
Similar methods of doing OOP in Lua surely can be hacked out by a
great many other people, hence, a more permissive license than GPL
is more appropriate. (But of course, it is your right to slap
whatever license you want on it.)

This is a thing that is readily reproducible by a person of skill
in Lua. Someone is sure to do something similar. A GPLed game for
instance I have no issues with, but a wee bit of code surely does
not need a gold-plated label?

Putting a GPL label on the download is a sure way for a lot of us
to avoid it like plague. You should have marked the pastebin stuff
as GPL too, if you were properly ethical about such things.

KHMan, why are you so angry?

You're tagging incorrect labels on me. Slander! "Merely amused by sloppiness" ~= "angry". Also I have overdosed on Black Adder, but unfortunately its style goes *whooosh* over many cultures. :-)

I actually agree with you that for simple
stuff the MIT license is better, but questioning the guy's ethics
because he left the license off a pastebin? [snip]

Anyone who's put up projects on hosting sites would have had to deal with choosing licenses. Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)