On 3/12/2012 8:49 PM, Alex Bradbury wrote:
On 12 March 2012 12:38, KHMan wrote:
[snip snip snip]
It's fine as a educational tool (but people should still remember that it
won't magically help weak students) in appropriate settings. I wish them
well, but I wince each time they blunder, which seems to be pretty
regularly. :-)

As someone who's been working with the Raspberry Pi project, I think
blunders are relatively few and far between. It would be nice if there
was a 100% problem free route from circuit design to mass manufacture,
but I think that's asking rather a lot.

Sorry for the negativity, I'll take this as an opportunity to douse any rise in the temperature of the discussion. :-) I blame the snarky bit squarely on my observation of Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC saga. :-) ;-)

I'm now keeping track of the Computing At School initiative at the wiki. Looks like early days yet.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)