On 3/12/2012 7:10 PM, Stefan Sandberg wrote:
"You know, if the Raspberry Pi had a normal SVGA connector,
I could connect a wireless mouse and keyboard, and have it control
my TV and Stereo via a GUI "

That doesn't make any sense at all.. I'm assuming you mean a VGA
connector?
What does that have to do with mice & keyboards?
Either way, the VGA connector is from 1987, so.... time to get a
new monitor/tv??

Also, why cant you use MythTV, or play .ogg's??

Here is an example: It doesn't have onboard NAND flash, IIRC you need the OS to boot from the SD card slot. Say, for a MythTV kind of project, if you have lots of media, you aren't going to switch them cards all the time. Getting media data via the USB port brings new questions, get it from what? Or network boot, but from where? Or network media data? Looks like a large media collection may be better served using a low-power x86 motherboard, which is a very mature commodity with ample connectors of the kind we want.

It's fine as a educational tool (but people should still remember that it won't magically help weak students) in appropriate settings. I wish them well, but I wince each time they blunder, which seems to be pretty regularly. :-)