On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:37:13 +0100
Jo-Philipp Wich <xm@subsignal.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't quite understand what makes the Rasberri Pi so special with
> regard to Lua. I've read it will support Fedora Linux, so Lua should
> be only one "yum install" away.
>
> Maybe I missed something important here?
>
> ~ Jow

Like everyone else, I'm enamored with the idea of a tiny, fanless,
$35.00 computer that can be used to do special little tasks. Trouble
is, I can't find a special task it's capable of doing that I'd like it
to do. It has too few NICs to be a firewall. It can't plug into a
normal monitor (or even the old TVs we have around the house), so it
can't be an OGG Jukebox. I have no need to control my coffeemaker or
garage door opener.

Adding Lua to this machine makes it pretty much capable of anything
that can be done within its limited memory, but I just can't think of
anything I really want the thing to do. Any ideas?

SteveT