On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Sure. The question then is what are the batteries needed for Raspberry Pi.

My 'Lua for Linux" experiment attempted to give a 'Lua for Windows'
experience, with SciTE for editing (and debugging) plus the 'usual
suspects'.  If I was doing it now it would involve the person grabbing
LuaRocks (with apt-get or yum) and then doing

$ sudo luarocks install batteries

where 'batteries' is a meta-package that pulls in all the common packages.[1]

And for a standardized platform like this, we _can_ provide binary
rocks, so no chasing down development dependencies.

(A nice lightweight GUI kit available through LuaRocks is ltcltk.)

steve d.

[1] ok but 'please use the system package manager!'.  Yes, but this
way we can avoid Fedora/Debian/etc wars.