> We already know from the eLua project that Lua can be a good embedded
> language. In fact I was expecting eLua to jump at this tremendous
> opportunity. But instead a post by Bogdan (eLua's author) on his blog
> [2] indicates that he is not interested.

He said:

   On a platform like Raspberry Pi, it generally makes little sense to use
   eLua over stock Lua + a few modules around it. Linux can use the full
   power of its underlying hardware better than eLua.

I don't know much about embedded systems but he does and what he says makes
pretty sense to me. It effectively says that it'll be even easier to adopt
Lua in that platform, provided of course that there is a C compiler for it.

Anyway, I'd love to see Lua in Raspberry Pi.