On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 16:43 +0200, Petite Abeille wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2011, at 4:03 PM, David Given wrote:
>
> > It's got nothing to do with Lua, but aeons ago I wrote (and used for a
> > while) an MUA in Python that stored all its data in a MySQL database.
>
> Me too! :))
>
> But it was, err, in Java and used Lucene respectively.

Slightly off-topic, but you can use Lucene fulltext search engine in Lua
too. If anyone is interested, take a look at my little project Luacene
[1], a simplified Lua interface to CLucene (a C++ implementation of
Lucene).

Simplified means that only a (meaningful) subset of operations is
provided, and the API is Lua-based, i.e. 'Document's are represented as
Lua tables.

[1] https://github.com/mkottman/luacene