Choosing GPL over a MIT/BSD style license mean limiting the use of a
software.  Think of it.  There is a reason why many smart people choose
an MIT/BSD/ISC style license over the GPL.
Hi Marc

I think you are a really bright person and a solid contributor to the list but please don't insult everyone who respects what GPL is about. We are way offtopic but I am learning a lot from this thread, if this thread gets heated Roberto or Luiz will shut it down. It's "on topic" for me as it will help me to construct applications that would also of course involve Lua-Patrick