Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> writes:

> And to tell you a secret: GPL'ed code is even a no-no in several
> operating systems, like the BSDs... ;)

You mean, "several free operating systems" since it should obviously be
a no-no as an integral part of most proprietary systems.

In any case, most BSDs do use GCC if I remember correctly, though work
on some replacement is getting to a state where its replacement seems
feasible, at least on some processors.

So the GPL does not seem like an absolute showstopper historically, but
it still is considered raining on the parade of the BSD guys.

--
David Kastrup