If Moai support the extension of control libraries like textbox, combos, they very basic UI control set?

The original purpose is not Game industry, where we want to make Industrial Automation application that deals with devices, control loops and process management.

Do you think, Moai is recommend for non-game platform? Sorry, I am newbie to Android and iOS, only windows is known to me.

Regards,

Gopal

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
Michal Kottman wrote:
> On 11 August 2011 06:24, Gopalakrishnan Subramani
> <gopalakrishnan.subramani@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Is Lua runs inside Android Java runtime?
>
> You need to compile Lua using Android NDK to use it.

If you're using Moai, the SDK comes with a precompiled library
containing all the native code you need to make a game work (Lua, the
Moai runtime, image loaders, audio libraries, etc). So you only need to
rebuild it if you want to customise the native side of things.

I strongly suggest checking Moai out if you're interested in mobile
gaming in Lua; it's a nice system.

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup