On 15/06/2011 22:45, Xavier Wang wrote:

2011/6/16 Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>
Some real contenders:

1) keep all as it is
2) change the indication of filenames in debug info and in LUA_INIT
3) ::label::
4) |name|
5) &name:
6) !name:

if these are the real contenders, I think 1) is better :(
1 is the least worst. I think that all options are cryptic and go against Lua's verbosity. Try to visualize a piece of Lua code with a "&label:" inside it... If I wasn't aware of this goto/label thing I'd think it was some kind of preprocessing directive voodoo. o_O

"label <id>" would go much better with the language IMHO.