Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za> [2011-02-09 10:17:30]:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 09:39:59AM +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> >
> > Is there still licensing issues for commercial use of Qt?
> >
> > Every now and then, one _does_ do something for money ;)
> >

> Non-commercial Qt is LGPL.

Why non-commercial? This looks like a FUD to me, you should read something
about Qt and LGPL[1] first. FYI LGPL is not the same as GPL.

"This version of Qt is appropriate for the development of Qt applications
(proprietary or open source) provided you can comply with the terms and
conditions contained in the GNU LGPL version 2.1."

And there's Qt LGPL exception[2] which you should read also.

BTW even such a big company like a Texas Instruments is using Qt LGPL for their
closed source 'SmartRF Studio 7' application[3].

1. http://qt.nokia.com/products/licensing
2. http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/blobs/4.7/LGPL_EXCEPTION.txt
3. http://ynezz.true.cz/SmartRF%20Studio%20Software%20Manifest.pdf

-- ynezz