On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> * Lua<-->Lazarus

Ah, good old Delphi.  Those _were_ good days. Apparently the
executables produced by Lazarus are somewhat enormous.

> I'll tell you one thing Steve. If I do have to reinvent the wheel, and if you
> can make a screen designer and a module to retain state between web pages
> (probably with cookies or a session id), I can do everything else

You know, I like screen designers but wonder if they're not an
evolutionary dead end.  I like the idea of using the shape of the
data, plus hints, to automatically lay out forms - 'declarative' GUI
building.  (This may be a cognitive style thing, of course. Many do
prefer to lay out forms manually.)

Web-style programming (separation of markup, style and functionality)
has a lot to offer to the traditional desktop GUI development model.
It allows designers and programmers to collaborate more effectively.

steve d.