On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> You told us all Orbiter's features, but I'm not even sure what it's supposed
> to be used for.

Ah, that's true - I'm assuming things again. On the one hand, it's a
little app server designed for scripts to have web interfaces (similar
to how embedded devices like routers are configurable with a browser).
On the other, it's yet another way to generate HTML, using LOM. This
is a straightforward way of writing XML as Lua data. E.g.

<fred a="1">wilma</fred>

{
tag = 'fred', attr = {a='1'},
'wilma'
}

> Does Orbiter overcome HTTP statelessness for me?

Not really. For personal web apps it's less of an issue.

> I'm always on the lookout for good, fast, easy RAD (Rapid Application
> Development) tools.

Ditto. After a day sweating with Eclipse open with a project on the
left monitor and Netbeans open with the form designer on the right
monitor, I like to think that there must be an easier way.

steve d.