wrote:

> > I'm always on the lookout for good, fast, easy RAD (Rapid Application
> > Development) tools.
>
> Ditto. After a day sweating with Eclipse open with a project on the
> left monitor and Netbeans open with the form designer on the right
> monitor, I like to think that there must be an easier way.

There is. The Clarion development environment is fast and easy, but it costs a
fortune and until very recently didn't work on Linux.

One of the reasons I'm so gung-ho on Lua is someday I'd like to develop RAD
tools, and Lua is easy and powerful enough to do it. Once I've learned Lua,
and before I reinvent the wheel, here are some things I'd like to check out:

* Lua<-->Lazarus
* Kepler
* Orbit

I'll tell you one thing Steve. If I do have to reinvent the wheel, and if you
can make a screen designer and a module to retain state between web pages
(probably with cookies or a session id), I can do everything else, because I
already have done everything else, in several different languages. I've
already made generic menu systems (UMENU and others), filepickers, and
recordpickers. Add in screens and statefulness, and you've got a web-app RAD
environment.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt