Hello all,

I was hoping that there might be some precompiled binaries out there
for Windows XP that could be used to learn Lua. I have a 13 year old
kid who I would like to teach Lua. I looked at the Lua for Windows
project, but it appears to be for Windows 2000, and I am not quite
sure what compatibility issues there are with that and XP (I am a
Linux/Mac OS X programmer).

I don't want to go through the whole thing of having to install a C
compiler just to allow him to learn Lua, plus I would like to be able
to later download other modules to extend Lua, and possibly teach him
how to do those things for himself. The C compiler would be way above
his level at this point. (This is his first programming language).

Thanks,

Mike