On 06.02.2011 21:43, Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was hoping that there might be some precompiled binaries out there
> for Windows XP that could be used to learn Lua. I have a 13 year old
> kid who I would like to teach Lua. I looked at the Lua for Windows
> project, but it appears to be for Windows 2000, and I am not quite
> sure what compatibility issues there are with that and XP (I am a
> Linux/Mac OS X programmer).

Give him some fun learning lua:
http://love2d.org/
http://scrupp.sourceforge.net/

Both are multiplatform, include some useful libraries, and are fun to
learn and use. And for love2d project you can find lots of games with
source code, which is great to learn (and see the effect immediately).
And you can still use linux.

Regards,
miko