On 1/31/2011 1:27 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2011 15:13:32 Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "pseudo"-OOP
>>
>> there's nothing "pseudo" about OOP in Lua
>
> If he'd said "OOP" instead of "pseudo-OOP" someone would have come forward and
> said there's really not OOP in Lua. When it comes to describing concepts of
> OOP and Regex in Lua, you're screwed either way. :-)

No, you still shouldn't call it RegEx in Lua. It's simply NOT a regular
expression -- it's pattern matching. There no sub-expressions, and so
it's not a regular expression.

Really. I explained this the last time you claimed it was "RegEx." [1]
Calling it a "RegEx" is deceptive; how are you "screwed" by not calling
it what it isn't? Just call it what it is, and you're fine.

Tim