Well I did put "pseudo" under quotes, to highlight the ironic part of
calling it that way and not spawn this discussion when just writing
pseudo-OOP. Usually the answer would be typically-Lua, "well you can
easily do it yourself". So lets focus here on helping Steve to make a
great presentation, ok?

A hour time is something quite great to get! In science you hardly
ever get that anymore, only exceptions are teaching and keynotes.
Otherwise everybody must be able to present all s/he done in 10-15
minutes. I think one could do that for Lua as well, at least the one
aspect you want to get over. So what is that what your audience wants
from you?

Possibly your main difficulty is that you got several audiences
sitting in there, that are expecting something different?