On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> I think [1] should display a source file index, sort-of like [2].

That would be useful. I hesitated because it would need to be an
organized index, in sections for VM, core, parser, libs, etc. Any
clues would be welcome.

> The code could also xref to/from the reference manual HTML file, but
> you would need to first build an index containing things like
> "luaB_rawset <-> rawset".  I had one started annotations on the
> reference manual as well [3].

Yes, the idea of lua-annotations is to have as many links to separate
resources as possible. For instance, the next iteration will respect
the original URLs in <...> and allow them to be hyperlinks.  Another
potentially useful kind of link is to other annotations/functions.

> A simple way to do that would be to host annotations.txt on the wiki.

That would be cool, and the result would be easy to scrape.
Unfortunately the wiki is increasingly read-only, maybe it's annoyed
with me coming from different IP addresses all the time.

On the code analysis side, I want to scan the macro definitions so
that we have the same kind of analysis I do for functions - links to
referenced macros/functions.

Please note that each function declaration links to a table of
functions which call that function. I was initially thinking of making
this a popup but then thought that simpler is better, at least in the
short term.

steve d.