On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> probably the best place is to start with lua.c

I think [1] should display a source file index, sort-of like [2].

The code could also xref to/from the reference manual HTML file, but
you would need to first build an index containing things like
"luaB_rawset <-> rawset".  I had one started annotations on the
reference manual as well [3].

> The vision of course is a fully-interactive social-web site where
> interested parties can add/edit annotations online

A simple way to do that would be to host annotations.txt on the wiki.

[1] http://stevedonovan.github.com/lua-5.1.4/
[2] http://www.lua.org/source/5.1/
[3] http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaReferenceManualComments