On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> I think [1] should display a source file index, sort-of like [2].

Done - see

http://stevedonovan.github.com/lua-5.1.4/

Looking at it like this, one realizes how compact the Lua implementation is...

> The code could also xref to/from the reference manual HTML file, but
> you would need to first build an index containing things like
> "luaB_rawset <-> rawset".

I've auto-generated annotations that just link to the manual for
(most) of the Lua library functions, and the lua_ and luaL_ functions.
Since I suspect the wiki will growl at me if I try to create a new
page, I've posted the new extended annotations list at [2]

Note some conventions - very minimal markup. <http://...> works as
expected. <manl:table.sort> will link to the Lua function,
<manc:lua_pushnumber> will link to the API function in the manual.
<wiki:WikiPage> links to the lua users wiki.

If there's interest, I can do this for lua-5.2.0alpha as well.

steve d.

[1] http://stevedonovan.github.com/lua-5.1.4/annotations.txt