On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 21:31, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dunno, I guess compelling arguments about how half of all code can be
> sped up by 10x would suffice.  But one thing is sure, people on this
> list, while being generally very smart and having lots of good ideas,
> _also_ love to blather on endlessly about even the most trivial
> topics.  I'm not saying that's bad, mind you, simply a mark of a
> friendly, informal, and outspoken community.
>
> -Miles

Miles,
the fact that you declare a certain topic to be one of "most trivial
topics" does not really make it so.
Reading your sentence made my "troll sniffing sensor" turn red:-)
I understand everyone here has strong opinions but a little bit of
tolerance to other people coding practices could help.
For example, I would be very grateful to you if you could show how one
can replace "continue" and achieve a 10x speed up you mentioned.

Thanks,
--Leo--