On 18/11/2010 6.27, steve donovan wrote:
(1) "continue" statement
(2) LPEG has not been merged in.
It's probably a bit excessive to put them on the same level :-)

Yes, because LPEG has always worked well as an extension. Why the need
to have it in the core?

To make myself clearer, "continue" looks to me like a very minor "goto"-like speed improvement (and one I can happily live without, as I did for 40 years of programming, because I prefer clean code even at the price of an extra variable - I know other people see things differently). LPEG, on the other hand, is not something you can easily replace. I've not used it too (until now) but I can see it's a very powerful tool and I look forward to using it.

In that sense I meant they're not on the same level: a minor tweak compared to a major library. In any case, I agree with your statement that LPEG's place shouldn't be inside core Lua: it's a higher layer.

--
  Enrico