----- Original Message -----
From: Miles Bader
Date: 11/18/2010 6:06 PM
Leo Razoumov<slonik.az@gmail.com>  writes:
This is a matter of programming taste, of course, but judging by
number of discussions on this mailing list devoted to "continue"
statement it is considered important and non-trivial by quite a few
people.
The thing is, of course, is that "judging by the number of discussions on
this mailing" _isn't_ a reasonable way to judge importance.
So what is a reasonable way to judge importance then? A survey? A phone call? Python has it? A willingness to pony up money to have it implemented?

From my vantage point, having the keyword 'continue' makes my code much more clear. I've stated it before on the list. It is so useful to me that I maintain a separate Lua distribution with the 'continue' patch applied. I (and others around me) use the continue keyword often enough that having LuaJIT not support it is a big deal to me. Perhaps I can pay Mike some money to implement it?

Josh