Josh Haberman wrote:
> Have you considered getting this information by reading DWARF symbols as
> an alternative to parsing C code?  That could lead to an easier-to-use
> interface for the case where you are calling into a shared lib.
>
> libc = ffi.loadso("/lib/libc.so")

I've considered that option. But /lib/libc.so.* doesn't have any
debug info on most installations. Neither do the other commonly
installed libraries.

Also, deployment would be problematic, since this requires all
user systems to have full debug symbols, too. And it wouldn't work
on non-DWARF systems at all.

--Mike