On 17 November 2010 17:12, Mike Pall <mikelu-1011@mike.de> wrote:
> Oooh, don't get me started about FFI portability. You'd think that
> writing a C parser is tough, but the real challenge was handling
> all the little platform differences (packed structs with aligned
> members and bitfields, anyone?).

Ah, it seems I've misunderstood the scope of your FFI. I was imagining
something like Python ctypes or Lua alien, but JIT-aware and with
better support for native data structures. I didn't realise that (if I
understood you correctly) you've implemented a C parser as well. I'll
be watching the git repository with great interest.

Alex