On 17/11/2010 17.12, Mike Pall wrote:
(*) I guess most users won't care or won't need to know about _ENV.
     But those that do are unlikely to upgrade, as they'll have to
     ditch their sandboxing frameworks and redesign them from scratch.

I always use a local copy of Lua executable + needed_libs in each project, so changes can't break anything.

One of my projects would need to be redesigned for _ENV (it probably will, in a distant future) but for new projects and for general non-critical usage I think I'll upgrade to 5.2.

--
  Enrico