On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 02:02:19PM -0700, Graham Wakefield wrote:
> Is luarocks working on Ubuntu from the package manager now? I was
> having problems getting it to work before... but would really like to
> use it (I'm a big fan of the LuaRocks approach).

I'm not ;-)

AFAIK it does not support generating "deb" packages. But since it works
for the regular user too, installing stuff in ~/.luarocks/, it does not
pollute the system too much and allows having bleeding edge versions of
some libraries. Nevertheless, every time I try it, compilation of some
modules fails, mainly because the Makefiles shipped by upstreams are
broken (read: no -fPIC).

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi