you have to require 'curl', and read the doc here (in the -dev package):

  /usr/share/doc/liblua5.1-curl-dev/

there are actually 3 different bindings for cURL, I packaged the one I
wrote since it is used by another application part of Debian.

Cheers.

Hi Enrico

Okay now I getting worried this is just my stupidity. I tried require("curl") and ("cURL") but the module was not found. I did read the documentation that you sent but I am still stuck.

Is there anything else I can try? -Patrick