Hello all,

Given any Lua program, I would like to build something that provides the next features:
- "execute X steps" - runs the program for exactly X bytecode instructions, stops the execution and writes some output file.
- "continue Y steps" - given some output file of the above feature, continues execution from step X till step Y (and outputs a new file if the program didn't end).

Obviously, I'm ready to play with the VM code if needed..

Currently I'm still thinking whether Lua is indeed suitable for that (it seems so), and I would be happy to hear any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks!
Ben