On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Phoenix Sol <phoenix@burninglabs.com> wrote:
>>> link http://offsystem.sourceforge.net/ and marvel...
>>
>> Pretty interesting link.
>
> Entertaining semantic footwork...but I don't think a hard-nosed court
> would buy the argument that the plaintiff did not have the copyrighted
> work, only access to distributed binary chunks.

My thoughts, more or less exactly... But I'm kind of intrigued about
it's method of file storage. What are the practical implications of
breaking up files into shared 'chunks' like that? Better spatial
efficiency? Crazy processing overhead? Does it have any merit if we
ignore it's philosophical legal conjecture? (And assuming it's not
spread out over a bunch of random peecees with miserable upload speeds
;)

> Anyway, it seems that a number of people are building their own Lua
> web servers in garages.  What's wrong with Xavante?

Personally, my excuse is self-diagnosed obsessive-compulsive disorder.
That, and I wanted to use nixio and epoll; as I'm sure I've bored you
enough with already.