2010/3/18 Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com>:
> On 18 March 2010 16:07, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway, it seems that a number of people are building their own Lua
>> web servers in garages.  What's wrong with Xavante?
>>

> Took too long to figure out how to integrate it with my socket
> framework and event loop. Also as with many of the Kepler frameworks
> it just feels overly complicated.

I had the exact same problem. I ended up rewriting my own copas.lua
and socket.lua modules, and made sure they are loaded before the
regular ones. That way Xavante and its dependencies use my own socket
system and eventloop. It's a bit cumbersome, but it works. I wished it
was easier to do.

One point that I had to give up, is having socket.http use my own
sockets (my app is both a client and a server). It seems that the http
module is using private undocumented functions from the socket and
socket.core module.