Majic wrote:
I kind of like the assumption that nobody talks about Lua because we
don't want some odd crowd from another language invading our turf.
buwhahaha

Some of us "get off my lawn" types will now repeat the old adage: use the right tool for the right job.

And we simply don't know what the fuss is all about. About why there is a need to quantify popularity and so forth. Or the "us versus them" thing. Must be the Facebook generation. Or TIOBE building its brand awareness. These are all marketing games on the Internet where your eyeballs and sustained attention are what marketing desires. More important is to ship your product. Or translate Lua's strength into say, sustained funding for Lua.

Also, once you are exposed to a few programming languages, they all become an abstraction of sorts to your intentions, a sort of impedance matching connecting your brain to the computer, and just another tool in the toolbox. So that's why we say... use the right tool for the right job. Never mind about the lawn. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)