On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 6:20 PM, dcharno <dcharno@comcast.net> wrote:
Alex Combas wrote:
Yes thank you, I was hoping for a bit of fresh perspective from the actual Lua community,
although there is likely a lot of overlap. ;)

I didn't understand the article.  Lots of people use and talk about Lua.  It serves a specific niche in application development.  The Lua team is happy with the language.  What is the issue?

I agree with you that lots of people use Lua, but I disagree that many people talk about it.

I know it is silly to compare, but if we look at reddit.com as just 1 example.

www.reddit.com/r/python has 11,424 readers, after 2 years

www.reddit.com/r/ruby has 4,350 readers, after 2 years

www.reddit.com/r/_javascript_ has 5,423 readers, after 2 years