On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:53 AM, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> writes:

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 16:09, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
Giving a link to http://www.lua.org/about.html#name is not good
enough, as required information there is surrounded by a lot of other
text.

That's a gripe I have with all browsers I know: they do not show that text at the top of the page apparently because they don't want to show empty
space at the bottom.

As I get it, browsers just "don't know" that there should be empty
space at the bottom.

Toolkit scrollbar semantics of GTK+ disallow showing empty space at the bottom. The respective callbacks are not called when you try scrolling
further.

I feel your gtk pain. I recently moved to Qt from gtk and it was made a world of difference to my productivity and sanity

wes