I am not suggesting we coordinate on a peer to peer basis.  I said,
very plainly, to contact me if you are interested.

Consider yourself contacted :)

The project will be open source, it will exist on github.  But we are
in the planning stages, and this is how things are going to be run at
this point.

Who is "we" ? Who does the planning and where can I see this planning going on? I want to be part of it.

 Too many cooks in the kitchen will be a death sentence
for the project, and I'm not willing to let that happen.

I agree, and I'm sure that whatever model and rules for development you set it's gonna be just fine, just open'em up so we can see'em and participate to the process.

What didn't happen in the past was any action.  That's something (at
least with luaforge/snippets) I'm hoping to change.

Setup a stage and we'll see.