On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Patrick Donnelly<batrick@batbytes.com> wrote:
> I like most of what you're doing there. I think an additional tagging
> organization would be useful as well, so that, someone looking for
> help with tables could see all the relevant questions for them.

That seems possible - I'm already using a hacked markdown.lua which
automatically does a TOC. That kind of extra structure becomes
important as the thing gets larger, eventually a single HTML document
doesn't really cut it!

There was a request for numbering items, which is cool, except when
the document is re-ordered.

> Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but how do we contribute?

(1) edit the markdown source and post diffs against it
(2) just post items in markdown format for us to discuss
(3) Put comments here:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/UnofficialFaqDiscussion

Contributions are most welcome - one area that needs filling out is
all those pesky corner cases of the C API, but also the simple stuff
like 'iterating over a table in C'.

Another place which is crying out for attention is the section on Web
Programming, which has precisely one sentence.

steve d