On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Etan
Reisner<deryni@unreliablesource.net> wrote:
<snip>
> There is currently SoC and associated work under way to GObject-ify many
> of the core objects in libpurple, when this work finally lands in
> libpurple a lua binding will likely be much easier to accomplish (using
> the same set of tools used for the lgob bindings).

I am trying to refresh my C and plan to learn glib. Had a quick look
at lgob. I understand glib and GObject is part of GTK but do not
include the widgets themselves. Ideally would like to have a wrapper
around libpurple without having to depend on any X or rest of GTK for
running on servers in a headless environment.

The current code is something I hacked onto melissa to get a usable
(for me) bot.

I still have a lot to learn. Lua, C, glib, GObject, libpurple and now
lgob. Any pointers on how to proceed is welcome.

Etan, thank you for information about lgob.

Ashish