On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:10:57AM +0100, Ashish Shrestha wrote:
<snip>
> Ideally, I would love to write a lua wrapper for libpurple, but
> neither my C nor my Lua knowledge is up for it.
>
> Thanks again for melissa.
>
> Ashish

I would be more than happy to help work on a lua wrapper for libpurple,
however that is currently a far from trivial task. I had started work on a
lua plugin loader for libpurple though a while back (before the libpurple
name change) but ran out of spare time for it and it has since sat and
bit-rot. At this point I don't like the idea I had for how to handle it
anyway, so I would want to start again on a new one were I to have time to
pick it up again.

There is currently SoC and associated work under way to GObject-ify many
of the core objects in libpurple, when this work finally lands in
libpurple a lua binding will likely be much easier to accomplish (using
the same set of tools used for the lgob bindings).

    -Etan