On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 01:01:33 +0900
Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I don't think the Linux packaging systems (I'm speaking form
> experience on Ubuntu here) are very good for things that change
> rapidly.

The whole point of things like Debian and Ubuntu is that a set of
packages are frozen in time; you know they'll work with each other.

Alternatively, you can run your own package repository, have users add
it to their apt configuration, and updates to the packages there will
be picked up by the update tool like any security fix or recommended
upgrade.

B.