On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:02 AM, steve
donovan<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Getting lua packages into the popular distributions is a better
>> long-term strategy, I can just install most lua packages from the
>> debian repos, and its easy.
>
> Actually, Ryan agrees with you.  But we have to initially assume that
> there is life outside Debian ;)

But not a good one! :-)

Actually, I'd hope most modern linux's are starting to get lua
support, its a fairly well-known language, now.

It can be very hard to get packages into distros, particularly getting
newer upstream releases backported to older releases.

I wish more distros pushed their packaging files upstream, but they
actively attempt not to, it seems.

Sam