Hello,

since I am using lua as webdevelopment language, so it must be easily
deployable on mostly *nix webservers, I am facing those problems,
getting lua to run, quite often.

My solution currently is, to use lua-binaries and luarocks from the
packagemanagement (debian/suse-support is pretty good) and install
everything by using luarocks then. So I can get whatever version I want,
without having to wait for a specific distro-backport.

It will never be possible to make all lua-libraries available and always
up to date as .deb, .rpm-suse, .rpm-rhel. rpm-rhel-i386, and so on, so I
think luarocks is a better way to go here. Just my opinion.

- Jan