> The original responder's message, however, was not terse;
> it was "go away" unhelpful.

I'm very sorry my reply came across to you as "go away" and gave you a
bad first impression of our community, which actually is very friendly,
as I hope you have come to realise by now. (Sometimes I am too terse...)

The URLs I quoted contain exactly our arguments and some of other
people's arguments for the adoption of Lua. BTW did you see
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-11/msg00248.html ?

I appreciate that you're trying to make Lua more well known. I hope the
other replies you got are more helpful.
--lhf