Javier Guerra wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Jerome Vuarand
<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't know you were still maintaining your lua-tcc, the one linked
by Mark above is my "fork" (it's not really a fork but rather a
complete rewrite). Maybe we could merge both projects at some point.

fact is i'm not.  i use it (a little), but haven't changed it a bit,
because of the stagnancy of TCC.

if the new TCC can overcome that 'single environment, from now to the
end' [1] problem, it would warrant some redesign or our bindings.

Speaking as a forced lurker on the tcc list, there is very little manpower to run tcc, plus there are some disruptive or dysfunctional elements that is not helping one bit. A tcc binding for Lua should NOT be put as a standard, or built-in module. Pure users are NOT going to get support. There is little semblance of coherent discussions on that list. IMHO, tcc is for people who don't mind hitting a corner case and have the program blow up.

So let it be optional, and if LfW still want to package it, be sure to disable it by default and add copious warnings. If someone wants to use tcc, they had better know what they are wading into. I don't think we should create unrealistic expectations and present tcc as stable software.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)